New Changes Following AB5 and Proposition 22 – Clear Law Institute
March 10, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:15 am
Legislation and court rulings have reshaped California’s worker classification landscape in an attempt to make compliance easier for employers. Although these legal challenges and subsequent legislation were designed to clarify the rules, they may have only complicated the issue even further.
In this practical webinar, you will examine California’s employee classification and the utilization of independent contractors in the age of Assembly Bill 5 (AB5). You will also discuss Proposition 22 and explore the ways in which businesses may be impacted by these new laws.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Explain the nuts and bolts of the ABC test under AB5
- Identify when an employee meets an exemption under AB5 or AB2257
- Analyze the impact of Proposition 22 on businesses
- Discuss the recent Department of Labor rules for classifying independent contractors under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Develop an action plan to assess your organization’s compliance with AB5 and mitigate any risk
This course is eligible for CLE and HR (Business) credit.
Register for my course and receive a 35% discount by using the promo code: CFlynn319302
Your html code will go here