New Changes Following AB5 and Proposition 22 – CPA Academy Webinar
June 29 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
California’s worker classification landscape has been altered by legislation and judicial judgments in an attempt to make compliance easier for employers. Despite the fact that these legal challenges and subsequent laws were intended to clarify the laws, they may have merely added to the complexity of the situation.
In this webinar, learn more about employment classification in California and the use of independent contractors in the age of AB 5, and how Proposition 22 can affect businesses.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Identify the nuts and bolts of the ABC test under AB5
- Recognize when a worker may meet an exemption under AB5 or AB2257
- Define the impact of Proposition 22 on businesses
- Give examples of the impact of the recent Department of Labor rule for classifying independent contractors under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Develop an action plan to assess your business’s compliance with AB5 and mitigate any risk.
This course is eligible for CPE credit.
Register now: REGISTRATION
Your html code will go here