Effective January 1, 2019
If you have any concerns or questions about your privacy or use of our Services, please contact us at 597 Monterey Pass Road, Monterey Park, CA 91754, 323-247-7030.
- Information We May Collect
When you use our Services, we collect personal information about your use of our Services and information that you send us.Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that identifies you or makes you identifiable. Information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific individual is not “personal information.”
We may collect and store the following information when running the Service:
- Information You Provide Voluntarily. We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, including but not limited to, when you communicate via email or other channels with us, when you seek career information, when you submit an application for a position with us, when you respond to our communications or requests for information, or when you retain us for legal services. The information you provide may include your name, contact information, title, and information about the organization with which you are affiliated. In relation to career information, the information you provide may also include employment history and qualifications. We only collect the personal information we need to allow us to respond to your request and/or provide the particular service you have sought.
Unless specifically requested and you use the method that we identify for such purpose, we request that you not send us any confidential or sensitive information.
- Information We Collect Automatically.
- Device Information. We may collect information about devices you use to access the Services and how you use the Services, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- Performance and Log Data. Our servers automatically record information created by your use of our Services, which may include information such as, but not limited to, your IP address, browser type, operating system, command line information, and diagnostic information related to the Services. For instance, when we send you an email, we may collect certain information including the nature of the email, whether you opened our email, action you took upon receipt of our email (e.g. whether you opened it or deleted it), or your name and contact information.
When you engage us to provide you with legal services, we collect and use personal information which is necessary for the performance of those services, which is usually information you voluntarily provide to us. This can include: your name, email address, contact information the company you work for, your position; identification and background information, financial information, such as payment related information, information about third parties that you provide to us, and other personal informationas is relevant to our representation of you.
- How and Why We Use Your Information
We process your information to inform you about our Services, new legal and policy developments, relevant information in the industries we serve, and our marketing events. Without your personal information, we cannot provide our Services to you.
We also process your personal information when you contact us, such as with questions, concerns, feedback, disputes or issues. Without your personal information, we cannot respond to you or ensure your continued use and enjoyment of the Services.
We use your personal information to actively monitor, investigate, prevent and mitigate any alleged or actual prohibited, illicit or illegal activities on our Services; investigate, prevent, or mitigate violations of our terms, agreements or policies; and enforce our agreements with third parties and partners. We cannot perform our Services in accordance with our terms, agreements or policies without processing your personal information for such purposes.
We are committed to ensuring your safety and continued enjoyment of our Services. To do so, we use your personal information to combat spam, malware, malicious activities or security risks; improve and enforce our security measures; and to monitor and verify your identity so that unauthorized users do not access your account with us. We cannot ensure the security of our Services if we do not process your personal information for security purposes.
We process your personal information when you seek employment with us to evaluate you as a candidate for the position. Without your personal information, we cannot evaluate your qualifications for employment.
- Information Sharing
We do not sell, exchange, transfer, or give your information to any other company or individual for any reason except as set forth below:
Our Service Providers. With your consent only, we share information with our service providers, suppliers, subcontractors, and similar third parties who provide services to us, or act on our behalf so that they can assist us with the maintenance of our Service. Our contracts with these service providers prohibit them from using or sharing with others, for other purposes than as directed by us, the information that we provide to them, or that they collect directly from our users.
Your Consent. We will disclose your information to a person you have given us your consent to disclose to.
- Links to Third Party Services
Our Service may include links to third party services where you might be able to post comments, reviews, or view third party information. The use of these third party services may result in the collection and sharing of information about you by these third party services.
- How We Keep Your Information Secure
We use reasonable measures to protect user information within HFA against unauthorized or unlawful access or processing, and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage. Even though HFA makes reasonable efforts to protect information in its custody, no data storage or transmission over the Internet and no security system is fully secure. Thus, we cannot guarantee the security of any information we may have collected or received from you or transmitted to you.
If you believe your information is not secure due to a problem in our systems, please immediately notify us of the problem at 597 Monterey Pass Road, Monterey Park, CA 91754, 323-247-7030.
We retain information about users for as long as necessary to perform the activities described in this Privacy Notice, or where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, such as for legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements.
When our legitimate interest for retaining your personal information ceases to exist, we will delete your information. To the extent residual information remains within our databases, back-ups or other records and we are unable to anonymize it we will isolate such information from further processing until deletion is possible.
- Children’s Information
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that an individual under 16 is submitting information, we will delete the information as soon as possible from our database.